Thursday, June 28, 2012

Checking in...

Training has been going well, although I have been slacking on the swim. I think it is because I don't have any tri events until September, so I don't feel the urgency. However, September is going to be ugly if I don't get it in check. Weight wise, I have had success. Seven years ago I hit my weight watchers goal and stayed at 140-143lb which is good for my height. However, the past year I was more like 146-149lb and even though that is just a few pounds, I couldn't get a grip on it. I put a sign in our family snack cabinet that said simply "stop snacking". My kids laughed at me, but every time I have gone to roam and graze I open that cabinet, see the sign and stop. Went to weight watchers today to weigh in and low and behold I am at 140.8lbs!!!! I guess my sign wasn't so silly!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I just want to know "what happened to the banana's"? :-) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that your sign worked. I'm thinking I might have to give WW a try. It's been hard to focus with all the changes this year, but it's more than time and I think maybe trying something new is a good idea!

    Glad to hear that you're doing well with training and weight! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete