Friday, April 20, 2012

Checking back in

It has been quite some time since I updated this blog. I am still training consistently and am planning on a few early season 5k's followed by 2 sprint tri's and the local half marathon in October. I recently had to take 2 separate weeks off from running and biking due to varicose vein procedures and realized how much I need the activity for my stress relief and sanity. I found myself short tempered and cranky. Not good for the kids, my hubby or me.
I am looking forward to doing one of the color me rad series of 5k's in late May. A few friends are doing it too along with my daughter and it sounds like a great time.
My major decision for the year is whether or not to do the Disney 1/2 in January. My parents have said they would take the kids, but I worry about the kids being too much as my parents get older and the cost of Disney being too much if we are planning a Disney cruise next summer. Ah...decisions, decisions.....

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you're still out there training and getting ready for races. It is tough on the Disney races as they aren't cheap for sure.

    ReplyDelete